Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Dental Extravaganza

I had cavities filled for the first time last week, three of them to be precise. Being my first time, I was rather scared about having to have novacane being shot into my mouth. After swabbing the one side of my mouth with gel, I closed my eyes while the dentist fiddled away in there. I opened my eyes to see the back end of a ginormous, 10 inch long syringe slowly injecting novacane into my head. It looked like a skyscraper from my perspective.

After shooting up the right side of my mouth, the dentist declared that it was unnecessary to numb the other side. Until he started drilling, that is. With the tooth on the unnumbed side being attacked first, I wondered if the other two would hurt as much. The dentist's comment at that point was, "That's deeper than I expected." You don't say. :P After several eyebrow grimaces, the dentist saw I was in pain and switched to a laser instead of a drill.

The other two went much more smoothly, and I was out of that chair in less than an hour. Being unable to smile, I sent a half-faced grimacing smile to the lady at the front desk as I left. As Mark would know, I sounded odd talking on the phone later that day, and laughing hurt my cheek, so I attempted to laugh without smiling. It was quite an experience. :)

2 comments:

  1. At least now you know the drill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm glad that I no longer have that cavity in my understanding. :) lol

    ReplyDelete